Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What The Feminist? Documentary



WHAT THE FEMINIST? Documentary from Bridie Russell on Vimeo.


A short documentary on youth and feminism. Interviews via SKYPE (sound quality is bad at times) with young international feminists and my Nursing/Midwifery teacher and friend, Maryann Long (PhD Midwifery). I contacted young women via the internet, trying to find more interview subjects that were willing to have interviews via SKYPE with myself. This is difficult at times as some participants changed their minds. I would've loved to have more young women to speak to about the topic, to broaden the views. All editing and compiling interviews, b-roll, done by myself. Music is by a Brisbane band, The Boys. Carly White did sound for Maryann's interview, and Rebekah Joy operated the camera.
I would love to further this documentary. I would consider this a rough edit. Titling done by myself in AfterEffects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment